Agency hours are 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday
Resources for Media Reporting on Suicide
- Recommendations for Reporting on Suicides guidance and examples of appropriate suicide news stories.
- Action Alliance Framework for Successul Messaging is a research-based resource that outlines four critical issues to consider when messaging to the public about suicide.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline Guidelines for Reporting on Suicides
- Social Media Guidelines for Mental Health Promotion and Suicide Prevention provides tips for communicating about mental health and suicide on social media to reduce stigma, increase help seeking behavior, and help prevent suicide.
Awards and Recognitions
- 2017 Innovative Initiative Award from the Safe States Alliance
- 2012 Kind Remembrance Award from the Caring Connections grief program for the teen memorial booklets
- 2012 Innovative Initiative Award from the Safe States Alliance
- 2012 Innovations in Health Education Award for the 2010 All They Left Were Memories: Stories of teen lives lost on Utah's roads memoriam. Presented by the Health Education Association of Utah
- “Excellence in Collecting the Most Timely and Complete Violent Death Data” for 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2010 presented to the Utah Violent Death Reporting System by the CDC