How to Become an Expert
For each injury topic, you don’t need to know everything, but you may want to search out the following aspects of the violence or injury topic:
- Who is at-risk for this injury or violence topic?
- What are the risk factors or causes of this injury or violence topic?
- What are the protective factors for this injury of violence topic?
- Where can you find data to answer the above questions and determine the magnitude of the injury or violence topic?
- Who else is interested in or working on this topic?
- What are the best practices or promising practices for this issue?
- SAFE STATES
*Please note the links that take you to the Utah Law’s may not be all inclusive and you may need to search additional codes related to the topic.
Airway Obstruction/Suffocation: Fact Sheet, Safety Tips & Downloads
All Terrain Vehicle (ATV): Safety tips, laws, and training
Bicycle: Fact Sheet, How to fit a helmet
Child Safety Seats: Safety tips and information, Utah Law
Drowning/Water: Fact Sheet, Personal Flotation Device Law
Fall Prevention: Fact Sheets, Safety Tips & Downloads
Fire: Fact Sheet, Safety Tips & Downloads
Highway Safety: Data, Tips, Facts
Pedestrian: Safety Tips, Utah Law
Poison: Utah Poison Control Center
Sports Injury: Fact Sheet, Safety Tips & Downloads, Utah Law
Traumatic Brain Injury: Prevention Tips